All pools require different levels of salt and other minerals to stay clean.
After hand over, the pool installer usually makes contact with you; they will schedule a time at home to adequately explain how much tender love and care your pool requires.
- The pump should run 6-7 hours a day in the wet season and 5-6 hours a day in the dry season;
- A pool pump & skimmer baskets should be cleaned regularly;
- Add salt regularly to ensure the pool continues to generate chlorine;
- Regularly top up the pool water level;
- Test the water in the pool/spa every week;
- If you have an underwater light, turn it on for at least 1 hour every 2 days; this helps dry out any condensation inside;
- Brush walls and floors of pool/spa regularly;
- Keep pool waterline clean;
- Vacuum pool/spa at least once a week; and
- Use the leaf skimmer to get rid of the leaves in the pool.
A service charge may occur if found fault not covered under warranty. Before you contact us, ensure to read the instructions manuals carefully. Some of the following points are your responsibility and are not covered under warranty:
- Powerpoint not turned on or faulty (plug into another PowerPoint to test this);
- Automatic settings are not correctly set;
- Unit not correctly re-installed after cleaning;
- Poor water chemistry (salt level, pH etc.);
- Cell not appropriately cleaned (acid washed) or terminals been submerged in solution;
- Poor water flow (check filter clean/pump operating/skimmer free of obstructions);
- The unit has been tampered with by unauthorized persons;
- Lids/baskets not inserted correctly;
- Insect/ants/vermin infestation; or