How to care for your Roller door
Garage doors are the largest moving object in your home and are often overlooked.
As you would service your car to ensure continued optimal performance, you should also service your garage door. Servicing ensures springs, tensioning and openers are operating as they should be, and helps to avoid potential problems with your door and opener in the long-term.
Your quality B&D garage door has been built to last with reliability you can depend on.
Do not attempt to repair your garage door!
Should the door become hard to operate or completely inoperative, contact your local B&D office or call the B&D dealer who installed your door.
How to care for your door
Here are four simple steps to maintaining your B&D garage door. We recommend doing this every three to six months and cleaning every two weeks.
- Protect against corrosion: Wash down the external surface of your door with clean water and a soft brush or cloth every 14 days, or more often in coastal areas.
- Assist with smooth operation: clean the internal sections of the guide tracks with a cloth dampened with mineral turns or methylated spirits. For rolling doors, polish the tracks to remove dirt.
- Reduce wear on hinges (Panelift®doors only): lubricate with an all-purpose product spray like WD-40 Silicone Lubricant or Inox.
- Keep springs clean: If accessible, wipe over springs with an oily rag.
- NOTE: Do not grease the lock.
- Please take care when cleaning and maintaining your garage door. Do not attempt to touch or clean the door or components whilst the door is in motion.
- Lack of proper maintenance, service or care of the product as recommended by B&D, may void the warranty
- Do not wash the automatic opener, it could void the manufacturer's warranty and could cause electrocution.
Contact for service
For further questions or to organise an annual service, please contact DARWIN ROLLER DOOR SERVICES.